Well, every day is getting better for little Sophia. Her bilirubin had gone down enough yesterday for them to turn off her phototherapy lights which was great news. This also means that she is able to get out of her bed a little more so that we can hold her. They are continuing to increase her feeds and she is now at 20cc/feeding every 3 hours. They attempt bottle feeding at each feeding and then feed her the rest through her NG tube. We also got to try breastfeeding for the first time yesterday. The first attempt she was very sleepy and didn't really latch on, but the second time she latched much better. She seems to tire out pretty easily from breastfeeding and I know it's because it is much more work for her to get the milk. We tried again today at her noon feeding and she did even better. We still give her her full feeding after the attempts at breastfeeding because they aren't sure how much she is actually getting and we have to fatten her up!! She took her whole 9am and noon feedings through a bottle without having to get any through her tube which is awesome. She seems to be getting the hang of the eating, sucking, breathing thing. She is also having fewer apneic/desaturation spells. She currently weighs 3lbs 13ozs. She had dropped even more than this from her birth weight but now seems to be going in the right direction and hopefully will continue to go up with increasing her feedings daily.
Here are a few pics from the last few days. Mom Mom and I are putting some finishing touches on her room that I hadn't gotten to before. I'll post pics of the room soon...I must say me and mom might give Martha Stewart a run for her money!
I look really little when Daddy holds me!!
Meeting Mom Mom!
Our little burrito!
Nick and Laura,
ReplyDeleteFirst congratulations on your precious Sophia. I love this blog and it will be nice to watch her grow.
Give her a kiss on her teeny little head from her second cousin Julie.
I love, love, love the Candy Corn Hat.
Julie
Laura and Nick,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the blog. I am thrilled she is doing so well. (Slade was 5 1/2 weeks early ,was on a vent, and had similar feeding issues). She sounds like she is making amazingly fast progress. Love seeing all the pics.
You will be so thrilled you have all this documented so well.
My thoughts, prayers and love being sent to all of you,
Terry
Precious, precious, precious. Congratulations. Can't wait for you to have her home and with the progress she's making, it looks like that will be very soon. Also, can't wait to see the your Martha's version of Martha!
ReplyDelete-Michelle (Dave, James & Catherine)