His bilirubin did end up getting a little above the comfort zone and he was on the bili lights for about a day and a half. It is now down to an ok range, and they do not expect that they will have to put him back on them since he is now eating so much more. He has lost some weight and now weighs 4lbs 6ozs, which is not unexpected, but we hope the increase in feedings will get his weight trending in the right direction.
We also got moved to a new room in the NICU which is a corner room/suite! It is soooo much nicer than the cramped room we were in before. The nurse told me there had to be some perks for being an employee there! It's really nice because I'll be going back to work this week like I did for Sophia, so I'll be up in the NICU pumping several times a day and will probably spend the night there most nights since I'll have to be at the hospital by 8am anyway. I'm hoping that I'll only be back working for a week or 2, but it is a good way to save up my maternity leave days so that I can use them when he is home and needs me 24/7.
I'll try to be better about updating (hopefully daily) so that I won't have so much to say! Here are some pics from the last few days!
Holding my boy!
Finally opening his eyes
Our family minus 1
My first time feeding him
Getting a suntan!
Sweet boy!
No comments:
Post a Comment